We’ve all heard about the benefits offered by CBD oils, capsules, and gummies, but what about CBD pastes?
CBD pastes are quickly gaining ground on the better-known CBD supplements, so let’s take a look at the potential advantages of CBD paste and how to use it.
What is CBD paste?
CBD paste is comprised of natural cannabidiol (CBD) derived from the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa, and a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil. It’s a versatile, easy-to-take supplement with several therapeutic benefits that make it a great addition to a health regime.
What’s the difference between CBD paste and CBD oil?
CBD paste is derived from raw hemp, just like CBD oil, but it’s refined one step further by heating CBD oil and then cooling it down. The process leaves a semi-solid waxy substance that contains significant amounts of CBD and other beneficial compounds.
5 benefits of CBD paste (over other forms of CBD)
CBD paste has all the same great health benefits as other CBD supplements, plus many others that are particular to its formulation. Here are a few:
- High potency: A paste is one of the most potent forms of CBD and is particularly useful for those people who need a high dose of CBD to reach their desired therapeutic effect.
- Can be used topically: CBD paste can be used directly on the body. Applied externally, a paste can be used to alleviate inflammation, pain and a wide range of conditions.
- Versatile: Because CBD paste can be taken orally or used on the skin, it is extremely versatile and can be mixed in food or beverages, added to cosmetics, or simply rubbed straight onto affected areas of the body.
- Value for money: Weight-for-weight, CBD paste provides a greater effect than other CBD supplements, making it one of the most economical ways to experience the healing power of pure, natural CBD.
- Full-spectrum: CBD pastes contain the whole range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids found in the natural plant and therefore deliver the entourage effect: a chemical synergy that increases a supplement’s overall efficacy.
What are the disadvantages of CBD paste?
Despite the advantages of using CBD paste over other forms of CBD, there are some considerations you should make.
- Higher initial cost: Although CBD pastes offer excellent long-term value for money, they are initially more expensive than other supplements.
- Less convenient than some other forms of CBD: Paste may not be as convenient to use or as discrete as other oral supplements, such as mints or gummies. They also have a marked taste that is not to everyone’s liking.
- Manual dosage: It’s a little harder to gauge dosage when using pastes than when using CBD drops or capsules.
Is CBD paste addictive?
No, CBD pastes are not addictive and a 2017 World Health Organization briefing states that “evidence from well-controlled human experimental research indicates that CBD is not associated with abuse potential.”
How to consume CBD paste
CBD paste is extremely versatile, as it can be ingested or used topically, so there are a number of easy ways to use it. Here are our top recommendations:
Method 1: Sublingually
A fast-acting and simple way to take CBD paste is to place some under your tongue. The mouth and tongue area is particularly rich in blood vessels, with a very thin epidermal membrane. Saliva also aids absorption, so sublingual CBD doses get to work exceptionally quickly.
Method 2: Ingestion
CBD paste can also simply be eaten. Take it straight, add it to your food or blend it in a smoothie or other beverage. Eating CBD paste is a quick way to get CBD into your system and many people enjoy the taste of a 100% natural plant-based product.
Method 3: Inhalation
CBD paste is also straightforward to inhale using a vape pen or vaporizer. Vaping offers quick absorption through the membranes of the lungs but carries potential risks that are not fully understood and could lead to serious long-term health problems.
Method 4: As a topical
A paste offers the option of being applied directly to the skin and can effectively reduce localized pain and inflammation. And because the CBD is absorbed through the skin, a topical application will also have systemic benefits throughout the whole body.
So, should I use CBD paste?
CBD paste can be taken internally or used directly on affected parts of the body, so for those people who want a powerful, versatile CBD supplement that they can use in a variety of ways it offers significant benefits and great long-term value for money.
Dutch Natural Healing’s CBD paste is a natural, easy-to-take, full-spectrum supplement that delivers a potent dose of pure CBD and the full range of other therapeutic cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids found in the hemp plant.
Can I use CBD paste for pain relief?
CBD paste offers significant pain-relief benefits and can be used in several ways to alleviate chronic and acute pain. Either rub it into an affected area or mix it in your food or drink — both methods will bring effective, fast-acting relief.
Can CBD Paste Make You High?
CBD paste contains no measurable amount of THC — the psychoactive compound found in the hemp plant — and therefore cannot make you high or affect your mental acuity in any way.
How often should I take CBD paste?
There’s no hard-and-fast answer to how often you should take CBD paste and you may need to experiment to find your optimal dose. Everyone is different — some people find that a single daily dose is enough, while others need to take a more frequent or larger daily dose.